Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wrap Party Entry: Flamethrowers

A While back I was honored enough to do a 9 vignette video for Deana Dean called Natural Progression (There will be specific Wrap Party blog for that one). As a part of the DVD,we did a 6 poet piece called Flamethrowers.

Flamethrowers was amazing, because I was working with what I consider 6 of the best poets in the city. Each poem seemed to build momentum to next poem which gave an abstract yet subtle feel to the poetry.
As a videographer, I was able to focus on using the various locations and blocking as if it were a supporting cast member to the poets. As you see in the video, I took out all color in the video to highlight the straight forward power of each piece. Along with the shot framing I tried to create a contrast between Natural Progression by eliminating the narrative, and creating a "in the moment" video.

Check out the clip and be looking out for the next Wrap Party Blog.

No comments: